This is one of my favorite looks, my go to get outta the house quick look that looks like you spent an hour perfecting it! This is great for all eye shapes and all skill levels can perfect it, no problem!
- Grab a creamy, long lasting black or brown pencil eyeliner, my go to right now is a drugstore brand. I got it in my Influenster box. Influenster is such a great way to try new products completely free, all you do is fill out a few surveys a month. Anyways, I digress.. Here is the link for the pencil I am currently personally using.
- Make a line half way, stating at the outer corner on your lid as close to the lash line as possible then stop half way.
- Grab a eyeliner smudge brush. Make sure its a smudge brush not a precise brush. Start at the outer corner, smudge and blend out the line to make it have no defined lines and bring it across the whole lid this time. Try a brush like this.
- Grab a black or brown powder liner. It can be a loose powder or a pressed powder. Currently I just switched to a new product that I am loving! You can also just use a black or brown eyeshadow.
- Grab your smudge liner brush again and dip the brush a bit into the powder then start at the outer corner and press into the liner and blend. Work it into the line all the way cross keeping close to the lash line as possible, this sets it and helps it stay all day too. Pro Tip!
- Dip the brush into a little more powder and on the outside corner smudge up till you hit your brow bone. Then grab a more fluffy shadow brush, use as little powder as possible (for an even better look grab a clean fluffy shadow brush) and blend out all the steps mainly sticking to outer corner. Blend, blend, blend! This creates the look of a bigger eye yet keeping it natural, smokey & sexy. Add a little bronze or warm tone shadow to the lid and now your good to go!
- Try this product its a great multitaskser for eyes and cheeks for a warm matte bronze shadow.
- Also try this for a little bronze sparkle it’s an all time favorite of mine! Use the title picture as a reference and inspiration. Picture also shown below.
Photography credit: Erika Reiner Photography. Makeup by Ashley Marin
All recommendations and skills are from my personal arsenal and in no way have I been sponsored or told to use or purchase any of these products. I believe in this technique and products and spend my own hard earned money on them.
I hope you learned something new and have fun blending, blending, blending!
- Ashley Marin, Your Favorite Neighborhood Makeup Artist.